Friday, September 16, 2016

My NEW CD and Joe Bonamassa fall tour 2016

Hi folks,

It's been a slow and enjoyable summer for me back in Los Angeles. I had a good long run with Joe Bonamassa followed by a good 3 1/2  month break. Lee Thornburg and I actually did go to Red Rocks to close out JB's summer tour, but, for the most part, I've been in LA.

My band Groove Legacy did a couple shows on the east coast including a killer show at the Syracuse Jazz Fest. We blew the roof off the main stage!!

The big news is.....*****DRUM ROLL PLEASE*****......my CD is being manufactured! I have some really fantastic guests on the record, including Joe Bonamassa, Larry Carlton, Kirk Fletcher, Trevor Menear, Bill Steinway, Lee Thornburg, James Gadson, Eddie Wakes and Terra Naomi. This record sounds really great. I think I have 10 really strong songs for this record. I will have an official CD release party scheduled for October 23rd!! Tell EVERYBODY!! It's gonna be an absolutely packed house that night at Joe's in Burbank. So make your plans and get there early for a seat. I will have some special guests for sure!

This Sunday we start rehearsals for the fall Bonamassa tour. We'll be going to Australia and New Zealand the after a few weeks off doing a North American run that will close out the year for us. It has been an excellent opportunity to play with JB and the fellas. Getting to be in a horn section with Lee Thornburg is such a great learning experience. It's also a GREAT hang! The other guys in the band are not too shabby either. Reese Wynans, Michael Rhodes and Anton Fig, not bad company to be keeping. 

I hope to see some of you out and about on these upcoming runs! Be sure to say hi.

~ Paulie






No comments:

Post a Comment