Monday, March 7, 2016

Joe Bonamassa Spring Tour 2016 and other goings on!

Hey everyone,

I hope your year is off to a roaring good start. Mine has been pretty busy, thus far.

I did the Delbert McClinton Cruise in January along with Lee Thornburg. We played for Teresa James. It was a blast as usual.

I revisited an old idea of doing an B3 organ group with Ty Baille. It was an absolute blast to play in that style! Great guitarist, Josh Smith and fantastic drummer, Kerry Griffin came along for the ride. Ty, who for the last year or more has been touring with Katy Perry, and I had planned and plotted to do this music about 4 years ago when a finger infection put a sudden stop to that only a week before our debut gig. Subsequently, I nearly had my finger amputated. Damaged, but still with finger still attached, we dove into the situation with reckless abandon. It was a ton of fun. We will definitely be revisiting this group from time to time!

I have also been working hard to finish up my next solo recording. It is coming out FANTASTICALLY WELL!! I hope to finish it up and package it by April. I can't wait to get it out there. I'm very proud of this project. I have some great songs written and a stellar cast including some fantastic guests. Larry Carlton, Kirk Fletcher, Trevor Menear and Joe Bonamassa all guest on guitar. Some highlights include two songs with Kirk and Joe both playing great! The core rhythm section is Alvino Bennett on drums, Sam Meek on guitar, Bill Steinway on piano and organ and of course the remarkable groove and energy of Billy Haynes on bass. Billy and Alvino are just a wrecking ball of infectious groove! James Gadson also plays drums on two cuts. James and I along with Billy Haynes and Eddie Wakes laid some terrific backing vocals on one song. A very personal take on my oldest brother's passing. I'm still pondering the name of the record. I have it widdled down to three, so maybe I'll let you guys vote on it. We'll see.

In February, we headed off to Miami to start the new year with Joe. His new tunes are just kickin' ass! Joe is really hitting his stride as an artist who, after 25 years in this business, is still on the rise. All of his success has been hard-earned and deserved. The slow steady climb is remarkable. I believe his story of success along with business partner in J&R Adventures and manager, Roy Weisman, will make a remarkable Hollywood story someday.

After a week of rehearsal, we headed to Joe's Keeping the Blues Alive at Sea cruise. We performed two shows with JB and one show backing Beth Hart. Lee Thornburg and I also backed Whitey Johnson aka Gary Nicholson on a show. Overall, it was a real treat.

Then we headed directly to Germany and are in the middle of this run through Germany, UK and finishing in Australia. The show is really rockin! Be sure to catch a show if we come near you, you will LOVE IT!!

See you on the road!

No comments:

Post a Comment