Monday, February 23, 2015

Our first venue in Munich, Germany.

Hey folks,

Thank you for checking out my blog. I'm new to it, so be patient with me and I'll try to keep things interesting.

Just arrived in Munich, Germany late last night. We went to the venue, Olympia Halle, where across the street stands the housing where the awful slaying of Olympic athletes occured in 1972. If you don't know about it, you should do some research, I think you'd find it both interesting and horrific at the same time. It really captivated the world at the time. I remember it from my childhood. I didn't understand it at the time, but now it has a much deeper meaning.

The hall we are performing in is big and reverberous, but not untamed. The crew did a great job as usual getting it dialed in. We ran through some basic soundchecking and mixing and called it a day. Then I made my way to a quiet area and spent a few hours practicing. Something I MUST do on the road to keep my shit together playing wise. It was a good sesssion. I went over a Sonny Stitt solo I had learned by ear a couple years ago and did some maintainence excercises. All is good!

So here are a few shots I snapped off of the venue and stage.








No comments:

Post a Comment